Protect Yourself And Your Family
Mortgage protection, such as accident, sickness and unemployment cover, can give you the peace of mind of knowing that in the event of redundancy or illness your mortgage payments will be made and your home will be safe. Nobody can predict what will happen in the future, therefore, it’s important to consider taking out suitable mortgage protection which can give you the security of knowing that if the unexpected happens, you are prepared for it. Many standard mortgages do not have any protection insurance included, so it’s important to decide what kind of separate coverage you will need.
What is accident, sickness and unemployment cover?
Accident, sickness and unemployment cover insures you against changes in your circumstances due to redundancy, disability, or illness. Usually, these payments are made after 30 consecutive days of non-working, up to a maximum of 12 months. You may want to take a look at our income protection page for more information of longer-term coverage.
What other kinds of mortgage protection policies are there?
There are many different types of protection plan, some incorporating several different areas of insurance. The main ones are:
- Mortgage life assurance – a guarantee that allows outstanding repayments to be fully paid off in the event of death. Dependents will not have the mortgage passed on to them.
- Term life insurance – this covers the holder for a set period of time, often with premiums increasing over the course of the term.
- Mortgage payment protection – usually covers disability and unemployment for a set number of days.
- Buildings and contents insurance – though not strictly mortgage protection, you will want to protect the property asset in which you have invested against damage or theft.
- Income protection – this cover helps you maintain a monthly income in the event of accidental injury or sickness.
Call us on 0345 603 1525 for a FREE consultation with one of our friendly and experienced team. We are happy to discuss your situation and help choose the best accident, sickness and unemployment cover for you.