Capped mortgages are guaranteed not to exceed an agreed interest rate – making it easier for you to control your monthly budget.
First Mortgage have access to over 10,000 products. This wide range saves you time, money and hassle when trying to arrange a capped rate mortgage. Contact your local branch today or call us now on 0345 603 1525 to talk to one of our experienced, friendly team about your circumstances and what we can do to help.
What is a capped rate mortgage?
Capped mortgages come with a guarantee that they will not rise above a certain interest rate for an agreed period of time – usually one or two years. After this period, the mortgage will return to a fixed or variable rate.
Is a capped mortgage right for you?
Before you take out a capped mortgage, you should consider the following advantages and disadvantages:
- If interest rates rise, you know that you won’t have to pay beyond a certain amount
- If rates fall you can still enjoy lower payments
- It’s easier to budget, as you know how much your monthly repayments will be
- Initially, you may have to pay more than a fixed or discounted mortgage
- There are often early repayment charges
- The capped rate only lasts for a certain period (often 2-3 years), then the mortgage usually returns to the lenders SVR (standard variable rate)
Call us on 0345 603 1525 for a free consultation with one of our friendly and experienced team. We are happy to discuss your situation and help you choose the best capped mortgage for you.