Find the best value mortgage protection deals with First Mortgage – the impartial adviser you can rely on.
Many standard mortgages do not have any protection insurance included, so it’s important to decide what kind of separate coverage you will need. There are several different types of mortgage protection, and hundreds of different products from UK insurance providers – so it can be confusing! Searching through over 10,000 products, First Mortgage will find the very best deal for you.
What is Mortgage Protection?
Mortgage protection comes in several forms. It’s a type of insurance that gives you the security of knowing that in the event of illness, redundancy or even death your mortgage repayments will be paid. Most people do not think about what will happen if they weren’t able to pay their mortgage repayments, but it’s an important question to ask.
What kinds of mortgage protection policies are there?
There are many different types of protection plan, some incorporating several different areas of insurance. The main ones are:
- Mortgage life assurance – a guarantee that allows outstanding repayments to be fully paid off in the event of death. Dependents will not have the mortgage passed on to them.
- Term life insurance – this covers the holder for a set period of time, often with premiums increasing over the course of the term
- Mortgage payment protection – usually covers disability and unemployment for a set number of days
- Accident, sickness, unemployment cover – similar to payment protection, but with specific accident and sickness cover
- Buildings and contents insurance – though not strictly mortgage protection, you will want to protect the property asset in which you have invested against damage or theft
- Income protection – this cover helps you maintain a monthly income in the event of accidental injury of sickness
If you would like to talk about anything to do with mortgage protection, call us on 0345 603 1525 to talk with one of our experienced team. We will be happy to discuss your situation and source the best mortgage protection deal for you!